Blog Archive

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wine tours

Paul and I have gone to a number of wine tours. The pic is of one of the more modern wineries in Spain with it's building having been designed by Frank Gehry. These new modern ones were nice to look at on the outside but the wine-making methods are very antiseptic looking and they use computer technology to monitor the wine. I'll load a number of pics to show u. Paul and I were far more impressed with 2wineries in the village that did it the old fashioned way--the grapes leaves and stems are all dropped into 150 year old clay-lined fermentation pit where the grapes are them stomped!! How can u not love that? After storing in barrels etc. The wine is bottled and stored in caves beneath the city. I couldn't take pics of this cause it's mostly done in the low lit caves and my phone doesn't have a flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment